Sunday 22 May 2011

Do you brunch?

I am fairly new to the art of brunching, but I have taken to it like the proverbial duck to water. I think, being born and raised in Surrey, on some level I have always been destined to brunch - it was inevitable.

I used to think brunch was just what you called a meal between breakfast and lunch, i.e. if I got up at 11am and ate a kit-kat and a sausage roll - that was brunch. Oh how wrong I was! I have come to realise that a truly fabulous brunch involves a cafe, many cappuccinos, good friends, and can take up to 3 hours. Oh yes, now I've had a taste of proper mid-morning dining I'm never going back.

After trying a few, my favourite venue has to be Cafe Rouge. It is a lot less pretentious than other places I have been to, the prices are reasonable and they have a great selection of British and French inspired breakfast dishes. My favourite is the 'Pain perdu' (French toast topped with strawberries, blueberries and banana with Bonne Maman honey to drizzle) but I have been reliably informed that the Croque Madame is pretty good too.

Pain Perdu

2 comments:

  1. I may have to indulge in this art of brunching..lol..sounds very nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thoroughly recommend it :)

    ReplyDelete