Thursday 19 May 2011

I heart pretty things...

I love my room at uni. In a house where the bin is always overflowing and the kitchen resembles a before shot from 'How clean is your house?' my room is my sanctuary. My favourite thing in my room has to be the lovely fabric noticeboard my Mum made for me over the summer. These seem to have become really popular recently and I can see why. They are a super-pretty way to store all those important notes and to display your favourite photos. I have seen them for over £20 in super-boutiquey shops but as my Mum demonstrated, with a bit of creativity, you can make one for much less than that.

Here is a selection of my faves on sale online :

pink and green flower  fabric notice board
http://www.amazon.co.uk/green-flower-fabric-notice-board/dp/B002YO6SLU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=kitchen&qid=1305755556&sr=8-1
Gisela Graham Pink Fabric Noticeboard
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gisela-Graham-Pink-Fabric-Noticeboard/dp/B0039FLMUU/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1305754620&sr=8-5

Shabby Chic Strawberry Fabric Kitchen Noticeboard
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Shabby-Strawberry-Fabric-Kitchen-Noticeboard/dp/B003EH0ADS/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1305754620&sr=8-14


And this is what you would need to make one yourself:
  • Some mdf
  • Wadding
  • Pretty fabric of your choice
  • Some ribbon
  • A staple gun
  • And a bit of imagination ;)
Taa daa! The noticeboard in my room.


2 comments:

  1. a) i'm definitely going to make one of these
    b) alpha and Smirnoff- two things you don't often see on the same board! love it lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You know me.. I like to mix it up a bit :)

    ReplyDelete