Tuesday 17 May 2011

Faith. Hope. LOVE.

These are three short but powerful words; they are what life means to me.

1 Corinthians 13:13 says:
Now three things remain: faith, hope and love...
But the greatest of these is love.

It was at a young age that I came to the conclusion that love was the meaning of life. I still believe it now. It might sound soppy but imagine a world without love; isn't love what makes each day not only bearable but wonderful? Just think about the media, how many of the books we read and movies we watch are about love? Not just the romantic kind but love between brothers, sisters, fellow countrymen, a parent's love for their child. Christian or not, it is clear love means a lot.

But for me, the thing that makes living worthwhile, is not the love of the people in my life but the love of God. Knowing that he loves me so much that he sent his only child to die in my place, that his love is totally unconditional, undeserved, everlasting and perfect.

If you think earthly love brings meaning to life, wait 'till you get a taste of heavenly love - everything changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment